The first week of 2018 is officially behind us! I'm one week in to my Writer's Apprenticeship. Here's what my week looked like:
This Week's Goals and Results:
1. Write 1k per day
Words written: 6,510 (both of my kids have still been home all week which has made my schedule a little erratic, but I DID IT! Normally with them home I tend to lose momentum and skip some writing days. We stay up too late or I get a late start one day or we go out and have fun and I decide to let the writing slip for a day that can sometimes turn into the whole week, but not this time. SUCCESS)
2. Walk 5 times this week.
I walked 3 out of 5 times. It's been crazy cold here in Florida this week and I let it beat me into not walking twice. I could give excuses all day, but mainly, it was cold and I was digging my warm house so much I didn't leave.
3. Drink 2 bottles of water a day.
Yeah, totally failed on this one. I got in maybe a bottle a day. My Coke Zero addiction is still strong and I find that on weeks where my schedule is wonky, this is one of the first things to go by the wayside.
4. Read 6 chapters of One of Us is Lying, my book study book for January.
SUCCESS! I read and took notes on a chapter every day.
5. Take half of the Judy Blume Masterclass course I signed up for (12 lessons).
I did half of the half.
***Part of my Writer's Apprenticeship is ongoing education, so I am actively investing in it. This year for Christmas my big gift was a year-long subscription to Masterclass. I have access to all of the available classes all year long. I'll let you know at the year's end if I felt it was worth it.
6. Read one book.
SUCCESS! I read Story Fix by Larry Brooks and took copious notes because it was AMAZING.
7. Outline the basics for a workshop I'll be doing this month.
8. Outline the basics for an online course I'm developing.
9. Take down all Christmas Decorations.
Um, no. I've got them down, yes, but they are all stacked on my dining room table waiting to be put away.
10. Artist's Date.
Sort of Success. These are supposed to be taken alone, but I'm half counting my trip to the movies to see The Greatest Showman because it was SO INSPIRING! I highly recommend it. Go see it in the theater. It is worth every penny!!!
11. Work on the story outline/construction of my next novel, BAIT.
FAIL. I didn't get to this once all week. I did make a project timeline for it though.
12. Listen to an audiobook. I'm currently listening to Ready Player One.
FAIL. I listend to The Greatest Showman soundtrack instead. No regrets. I'll start this back up next week when I'm back to mega carpooling time.
13. Listen to an inspirational or craft related podcast each day.
Sort of Success. I did listen to podcasts for 4 out of the 6 days.
14. Lose one pound.
So that's my week in a nutshell. Here are this week's goals:
1. Write 2k per day on each weekday and 1k on weekend days.
2. Walk 5 times for 30 minutes.
3. Drink 2 bottles of water per day.
4. Complete 18 lessons in Judy Blume's Masterclass.
5. Get in 1 Artist's Date. Most likely a solo trip to the movies to see The Post.
6. Do 7 chapters of book study.
7. Complete PowerPoint for workshop at the end of this month.
8. Work on my story outline/construction for BAIT (keep to task timeline I've developed)
9. Read one fiction book.
10. Write up and organize all notes for last month's book study on Stalking Jack the Ripper and draft the blog post for it.
11. Get all Christmas stuff in storage!!!
What about you? How did your week go?